Saturday, November 28, 2009

Ox-Cart Drivers

Hello Hello Hello!
Buen dia to everyone out there tonight! I hope everything is going well for you all!
Today I went with my family to Lubbock we watched "The Blind Side" which is an entertaining movie. Then we went out to eat at Texas Roadhouse, and I ran into a friend of mine, Landon who I haven't seen in like two years, and I got to eat a New York Strip steak...which I think is ironic to have at Texas Roadhouse. So that was really cool. We then went on a bit of a shopping experience, I got to look at new thermos in Academy and I was viciously disappointed in Hastings' selection of anything in Portuguese... all they had was one pocket sized phrasebook.
So I was in the car today on my way back to DC with my family and I started thinking about the word legend. I think the word legend is used too much. We see it in movies, like "The Legend of Bagger Vance", or "I am Legend". People use it in their daily speech "Dude, that piece of cheese was legendary!" or "man that load of laundry was of legendary proportions." Now what really makes something legendary? Does it have to be a myth based in truth, or a complete work of fiction? When does a person move from being a hero or villain, to being a legend? A few people out there, whom we know were real people, have moved into the legend status people like William Wallace, Joan of Arc, Ivan the Terrible, and Genghis Khan. Then we have our stories that are legendary like Robin Hood, King Arther, and the Iliad... these are stories that may have some element of truth in them, but no one is positive about what is true, there are only speculations. Will the heroes of today be transformed into legends one day? Will there be tales told of how the great Bill Gates changed the world with his magic windows? Or how Lebron James, earned his name the Akron Hammer by crushing the souls of the defeated?
Everyone in the world is trying to find out why it is they were put on this earth, and many people will say that their goal is to not be forgotten, others will tell you it is to live a good life. Behind every one of the legends that I talked about earlier there were countless people who were heroic behind them and helped them to be remembered as we do today. Now what elevated the legends beyond that of heroic status to legendary? Was it that they were glory hounds, or was it because they were something more? Then there are thousands of people in the world who live their lives daily and who are incredible people, but who will not be remembered 57 years from now. Does that make their lives any less valuable? Everyone effects everyone else though, how much effect do these unremembered people have on the people who we remember as legends and heroes? The great-grandparents, friends, the guy who didn't run over Napoleon with his ox-cart. Each one has effected history, and through history our lives. So take care my friends because we could be the ox-cart driver.
Ok well just a few ideas
Thanks to everyone who reads this blog, I really appreciate all your comments, no matter how you make them.
but
Yall be careful and ojala que estes con una sonrisa!

No comments:

Post a Comment