Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Ave Maria!

Como andan yall!!!
Im going to head out Denver City for Thanksgiving in the morning. If your on the road, stop reading this and watch the road, but if you are wherever you are for this week then read away and I hope you enjoy it. Today I had a few classes and a lot of stuff to do with the insurance stuff pero todo esta tranquilo.
So I was was talking today with Cindy and Jade, and we were talking about the power of words. Its incredible if you look at people like Thomas Jefferson, William Waldo Emerson, or Henry David Thoreau and their impact on how the world works today. Its incredible that these people who are kicking it with the worms right now still effect the way you and I think. Ave Maria, its just astounding. Thomas Jefferson said, "The earth belongs to the living, not to the dead" but the structures that he and his compatriots set up are governing us to this day. This is only possible by the written word and ability to store ideas on paper and pass them on for the future. "All our progress is an unfolding, like a vegetable bud. You have first an instinct, then an opinion, then a knowledge as the plant has root, bud, and fruit. Trust the instinct to the end, though you can render no reason." Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Lately, I have been feeling the need to create. I don't know what, and its probably a side-effect of writing this blog, I have been feeling like I need to make something... now I don't know what it is but something. Es lo que siento yo. It could be some kind of written thing, maybe painting, maybe a table, maybe a birdhouse I don't know, but something. I think that there is something very telling about human nature in this. We search to build, create and make things in nuestras own ways. It makes us who we are; and just as none of us are the same the things that we create are never the same either. There is so much beauty in the differences and originality that we we all have.
Well those are some thoughts for the day. I hope everyone is having a great break so far from school, and I hope that everyone is safe and careful. Felizidades.
yall be careful and Ojala que estes con una sonrisa.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Brandon. I'm a little behind on reading your blog, but then I get three or four days in a row and am all caught up. I'm really enjoying reading what you're writing. I liked your mom's 3 Rules...hilarious. Sorry to hear about your Wreck of Irony. "No good deed goes unpunished," I suppose. Good news for Hooper's job in St. Louis, but bad news on the roommate front. Hard to say good-bye to friends...and paying roommates. Gracias por hablarme hoy. Tengo la confianza que todo será bien. No me preocupo...pues, un poco no más por las falta de perdón entre tu compañero y yo. Pero, ojalá que lo areglemos prontito. Bendiciones y protección en tu viaje. ~ Miguel

    ReplyDelete
  2. so i'm curious as to what you built. and just a note, i think we all secretly long to leave a bit of ourselves behind in this life. In some small way we need to be remembered, maybe thats why you felt the need to build.

    ReplyDelete