Friday, November 27, 2009

Cut Grass

Hey everyone!!! Boa noite!!!
No que voce esta pensando agora?
So today was a really restful day I didn't do very much. I woke up this morning, hung out with the family, which included a Guitar Hero tourney a game at which I am pathetic. I messed up my pinky back in my football playing days so when I try to hit the last two buttons it doesn't work very well because my pinky want to hit almost the same place as my ring finger every time. Tonight I'm going to watch my brother play some live music, he is an incredible musician who writes his own songs. I'm looking forward to seeing him jam.
Don't you think that its interesting on how peoples perceptions change over time? When I was a kid I remember watching my Dad mow the grass at our house on D street. I was always the little kid that you all remember that you were "Can I help? Do you need a hand? What can I do?" and my Dad would never let me help him out. I remeber smelling the freshly cut grass, and thinking to myself that I would love mowing the lawn just because of that smell. Later in life when mowing the lawn became my labor for the household I found myself realizing that not only did I not enjoy mowing the lawn, I hated it. Now understand that where I'm from, the desert, your not always mowing green grass. So I would get sand in my nose, my teeth, all over, just to get the few blades of green sticking up withing the yellow. We also had one really green patch which when mowed it still produced that freshly cut grass smell that I loved as a kid. Sometimes I would see my younger brother watching me cutting it, and every once in a while he would ask me if I needed any help. I would always say no, but it made me remember when I was a kid and how I thought back then.
Winston Churchhill said "Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains." I don't know if he's right or not, but I do believe that there are things that you see as a child that change and develop as an adult, and change even more once you have kids. I still don't know what kind of person I will be twenty years from now, but I hope that I don't change so much that the person I am today wouldn't be able to get along with future me.
Well those are the thoughts of the day
Everybody be safe traveling back from the holidays, and I'm looking forward to seeing all you ACU peeps.
Yall be careful an ojala que estas con una sonrisa

No comments:

Post a Comment