Sunday, December 6, 2009

Names

AHGG!
I'm late again! NOOO! I almost forgot to do it tonight completely. Finals and friends have been getting in the way lately, so I'm officially going to suspend my 12 o'clock deadline until finals are over.
So tonight I got to go see my friend Aryanne who studied abroad with me in Uruguay, she just had a birthday so it was great to get to see her. Then I got to talk with my good friend Alisha which was really good.
One thing we talked about was people. I have two roommates who work as waiters at Chili's, and I have gotten to know the restaurant business through their eyes some. So now I usually tip fairly well at restaurants. I think that you can tell a lot about someones character by the way they treat people who are serving them, people like waiters, janitors, cafeteria workers, handymen. For one, if you believe its a good idea to treat the person that is handling your food poorly then you probably should get it though your head that they handle your food...like you will probably eat what they bring to you eventually. More importantly I think that if someone can treat another human poorly, because of the job that they hold, it shows that they hold themselves to be very highly situated in the world, among other things. They are people too. Do you know the names of the janitor at the place that you work, the name of the waiter or waitress that you usually have at your favorite restaurant, or the handyman who helps fix things around your apartment complex/work/neighborhood? I just have one challenge for everyone. Learn their names
well those are the thoughts for today
yall be careful and ojala que estes con una sonrisa!

No comments:

Post a Comment