Wednesday, February 17, 2010

i love college

Hello!!!
ooo
How are you tonight? I want to thank you for reading my blog today. You have other things you could be doing but your reading here...and I thank you for it.
I don't know why, but for some reason all of my classes seem to always overlap each other. Like right now I'm in International Law, Politics of the Middle East, Peace, Power, and Politics, Spanish Liturature, Ethics, and Boot camp class. Ethics seems to relate to everything, like we have discussed game theory and thought about why people do the things that they do. It seems to me that there are three...maybe four reasons people act. 1. They are afraid 2. there is a reward. 3. they are moved by self-interest 4. there is something deep down that moves them to do what they think is right. I think that many times self-interest can come into play even when the deeds seem to be good deeds. I was writing a paper the other day for Peace, Power, and Politics over religion's role in peace and I started writing about some of these above mentioned topics. In this paper I started out with using a saying in spanish that goes "todos las monedas tienen un otro lado"(every coin has another side) which i had heard in spanish class the week before. In this paper I was writing about religion so naturally Islam came up which brings me back to politics in the middle east, because there are states that are theocratic in the Middle East. From there I go back to spanish class because back in the day the Moors from north africa came up and conquered most of spain, and were stopped from conquering europe by Charles Martel of the Franks. Which brings be back to Peace, Power and Politics because they were definitely not at peace but most religions would say the Franks were right to defend their homeland. O and all of that relates to International law. Now I'm not exactly sure how to connect boot camp into it all without taking a whole nother million sentences
ah college
yall be carefull and ojala que estes con una sonrisa

No comments:

Post a Comment